Sunday 19 July 2015

Sew Seventies





The generous gift of a voucher brought me to the door of an antique and vintage shop in Rathmines recently. The 3rd Policeman’s extensive collection of authentic period clothing is beautifully displayed at the back of the store and I made a beeline for it, but not before stopping to ooh and aah at a mishmash of antique furniture and quirky knickknacks, which included a Victorian tea set, toy airplanes, a 1960s record player, lamps in every size and style imaginable, a stuffed fox, typewriters and a picnic set from the 1950s! I wasn’t distracted for too long as I had clothes on the brain (a spending ban will do that to a girl) and I spent a blissful hour trying on items that spanned the twentieth century. This hand finished 1970s sundress fits like a glove and I adore everything about it – the flared skirt, the pockets, the charming embroidery to the bodice. It will see me into autumn too when I plan to channel Russian beauties Miroslava Duma and Ulyana Sergeenko by pairing it with my thrifted knee high boots and a heavy knitted cape.


Sandals - New Look

 



No comments:

Post a Comment